|These visitors heard that the Amethyst Dragon is leaving the market soon and notified us on the main page.|
|Dragon Market Countdown|
Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|February 1, 2013||March 1, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|February 1, 2014||March 1, 2014|
|May 16, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|February 1, 2015|
|Affiliated Decoration: Talons of Typhon|
- Amethyst is the birthstone for the month of February.
- Although the in-game breeding time and incubation time for the Amethyst Dragon is 28 hours, the actual breeding time and incubation time was 30 hours when the Amethyst Dragon was initially released.
- The Amethyst Dragon was the first gemstone dragon to not follow the rule of the breeding and incubation times matching the number of days in the month of release.
- A few hours after release, the breeding and incubation times of the Amethyst Dragon were changed to 28 hours, to match the number of days in the month.
- The Amethyst Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Amethyst Dragon.
- Initially, the Amethyst Dragon was available at level 14, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 16.
- The Amethyst Dragon's description states "enchantress Gigi Ode". This is likely a reference to Geode, (Greek γεώδης - ge-ōdēs, "earthlike"), geological secondary structures which occur in certain sedimentary and volcanic rocks.
- The Amethyst Dragon's egg resembles a geode.
- The Amethyst Dragon's description states "Whilst exploring the Gerias Mines". This is likely a reference to Minas Gerais, a state in Brazil which is one of the largest producers of amethyst.