Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|Lvl. 11||Lvl. 12||Lvl. 13||Lvl. 14||Lvl. 15||-||-||-||-||-|
|September 7, 2012||September 10, 2012|
|December 18, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|August 21, 2013||August 25, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|June 20, 2014||June 30, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|Affiliated Decoration: None|
- Although the Facebook "event" indicated it occurs for 72 hours, the Facebook notification specific to the release of the dragon indicated the Blue Moon Dragon was available for just 36 hours.
- During the time the Blue Moon Dragon was first in the market in September 2012, the Sun Dragon and the Moon Dragon would not result from breeding pairs that would normally produce them. However, breeding two of the same type of dragon would, as always, result in the same dragon being produced.
- Initially, the Blue Moon Dragon was available at level 10, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 12.
- The Blue Moon Dragon is the first dragon to include seconds into the decimals if the Enchanted Breeding Cave or Epic Breeding Sanctuary is used to reduce the breeding time.
- The in-game notification showed the baby stage Blue Moon Dragon with the eyes of a Moon Dragon and no horn. It also had the different moon patterns on both the adult stage and the baby stage.
- The Blue Moon Dragon is the first limited epic dragon with the Moon element.
- The Blue Moon Dragon's description was changed on an unknown date from "disappeared for another 3 years!" to "disappeared until... who knows when?"
- The description mentions "the famous wizard Aiden Strongarm". This is a likely reference to Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon. The name Aiden Strongarm includes Neil Armstrong's middle name (Aiden) and a rearrangement of the letters in his last name.
- "It may have been one small step for dragons, but it was a giant leap for wizards." is a play on the statement made by Neil Armstrong when he took the first step on the moon.
- The description states "until days later". This may relate to the fact that for much of the world, the actual blue moon occurred prior to the original release of the Blue Moon Dragon.
- The breeding and incubation times of 29 hours and 31 minutes is likely a reference to our moon's average lunar cycle of 29.53 days, which causes the blue moon event to occur every two or three years.
- Backflip Studios uses both the calendar and seasonal definitons of a blue moon to determine when the Blue Moon Dragon is available in the market.
- Calendar: Two full moons in the same calendar month.
- Seasonal: The third full moon in a season of four full moons where the seasons are marked by equal three month intervals between solstices and equinoxes as opposed to calendar quarters.