In order to breed dragons, players must have the Breeding Cave that will unlock at level seven or the Epic Breeding Island that will unlock at level thirteen. There are some factors that will possibly affect the results:
- The elements that are present in the pair.
- Time of day when breeding the Sun Dragon, Moon Dragon, Dusk Dragon, Dawn Dragon, and the Nosferatu Dragon.
- No other dragons have been shown to be impacted upon by the time of day in which breeding is started.
- Some limited dragons need specific breeding dragons to be bred. E.g. for a Clover Dragon you need a Moss Dragon, and any dragon that contains the plant element.
- The level of the dragon. Backflip Studios has indicated that level 11-20 dragons can positively affect the chances for breeding rare, epic, and gemstone dragons.
- Breeding a specific dragon can take several attempts.
Note: The order of the dragons being bred does NOT impact upon the result.
How to Breed
To breed, tap on the Breeding Cave, Enchanted Breeding Cave, Epic Breeding Island, or the Epic Breeding Sanctuary, which will glow. Then, tap on the "Breed" button, and a menu with two sides, "Dragon one", and "Dragon two", will open. Dragons will be available for breeding once they are at level four or higher, and incompatible or unbreedable dragons will be "greyed out". Players must select one dragon on either side. Once the dragons are selected, press the "Breed" button at the lower center of the menu. To use the same pair of dragons used in the most recent breeding attempt, press the "Retry" button and confirm the re-use of the dragons.
|Breed Button||Retry Button|
Breeding Caves, Islands and Upgrades
- The regular and upgraded breeding times can be found here.
- Main article: Cooperative Breeding
- A list of dragons and information about which dragons and/or elements are needed to breed appears, when this section is selected.
Opposite dragons include:
- Blue Fire Dragon
- Frostfire Dragon
- Sandstorm Dragon
- Dodo Dragon
- Plasma Dragon
- Current Dragon
- Malachite Dragon
- Ironwood Dragon
- Mirage Dragon
- Shadow Dragon
This is a brief overview of the possible outcomes from breeding.
- For more detailed information about the dragons please visit the Eggs, Breeding Times, and the Dragon Reference Chart pages.
- For more information related to breeding outcomes, visit the DragonVale Breeding Sandbox.