The Coal Dragon was initially obtained via gifts from friends from December 24, 2014 through December 26, 2014.
The most which can be received through this method is three Coal Dragons.
Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|Lvl. 11||Lvl. 12||Lvl. 13||Lvl. 14||Lvl. 15||Lvl. 16||Lvl. 17||Lvl. 18||Lvl. 19||Lvl. 20|
Boost Calculation Guide to use with the page linked above.
|December 24, 2014*||December 27, 2014|
|December 10, 2015||January 19, 2016|
|December 15, 2016||January 25, 2017|
|November 27, 2017|
|Bold = Bring 'Em Back Event Dates|
|Affiliated Decoration: None|
- On December 17, 2014, the Coal Dragon's spot appeared in the Dragonarium, even though it had not been officially released into DragonVale yet.
- Between December 24, 2014 and December 27, 2014, players were able to receive three Coal Dragons via gifts from friends.
- The Coal Dragon did not have a goal when it was first released.
- The Coal Dragon got a goal when it was re-released on December 10, 2015.
- The Coal Dragon's selling price of 122,500, is likely a reference to the date of Christmas: 12 for December, the twelfth month, and 25 for Christmas Day.
- The Coal Dragon's breeding and incubation times of 12 hours, may be a reference to December, the twelfth month of the year.
- The Coal Dragon's description describes an example of coalescence or coming together to form one mass or whole. "This time of year the wizards exchange coal dragon eggs with each other to remember hardships endured by those who lacked the companionship of dragons."
- The Coal Dragon's description mention that the wizards would exchange coal dragon eggs with each other to remember those who endured hardships. In the past people who had very little or experienced hardships would feel lucky to receive coal so that they could stay warm.
- In history some regions of the world people who were poor considered getting coal as lucky.
- The method of getting coal by exchanging or giving gifts to friends parallels how people used to give coal in the past and gifts now to each other during the holiday time of year.
- Between December 24, 2014 and December 27, 2014, players could receive Coal Dragons as gifts from friends. There was a rare chance that a player could get a Diamond Dragon instead, which could be a reference to the myth that coal can be turned into diamond under pressure.