Every 24 hours there is a different element-based event. The type of event can be determined by the element name at the top of the event screen, the flags flying outside the building, or the landscape inside the Colosseum. The rotation of events is as follows:
To choose a dragon to compete, touch the Colosseum to view the event screen. At the top of the screen is the event type.
Remember, after placing a dragon in the Colosseum it cannot be removed for 23 hours and the event cannot be sped up using gems or Kairos. The dragon in the Colosseum does not earn income in its habitat during the event, although first place medals award the amount of income the dragon would have earned.
Trophies are awarded based on your dragon's "performance".
Nothing guarantees a gold trophy. A dragon may receive a gold trophy one week, and only a silver trophy in the same event the next week.
On the Colosseum "Trophies" button, you can view past events: which dragon participated, the date and time of the event, and the award type. This is very helpful as it shows which Game Center achievements you have left. However, if a higher-ranking trophy was acquired, then only the most recent dragon that obtained that same-ranking trophy (or higher if a silver was acquired) would be recorded. For example, if a dragon acquired a gold trophy for one element for one day and acquired a silver trophy for that same element on a later day, only the date when a dragon acquired a gold trophy would be recorded.
- For more in-depth analysis of Colosseum rewards, please, check out this thread.
|Gold||5||10% of the experience needed to the next level||100% of earnings for 24 hours|
|Silver||2||5% of the experience needed to the next level||50% of earnings for 24 hours|
|Bronze||0||None||25% of earnings for 24 hours|
|Please refer to Experience Per Level to calculate how much will be received.|
|% refers to the amount the dragon would make in its habitat in the 24 hour period it is in the Colosseum without any boosts.|
|Please, refer to Dragon Earning Rates for rates by dragon level.|
- The Colosseum was released when the game was released, on September 14, 2011.
- On October 19, 2011, the Colosseum rewards the user with gems and experience for competing in events in which silver or gold trophies are achieved.
- It is interesting to note that there are never any female spectators at Colosseum events.
- No notification is provided upon completion of an event in the Colosseum.
- You are NOT able to sell the Colosseum with an event in progress.
- Gemstone dragons win dragoncash from the Colosseum, but do not win gems unless the dragon wins gold or silver.
- As of August 29, 2012, the Colosseum icon now says "In Progress" rather than "Finish" while the event is underway.
- On December 2, 2011, the Colosseum was re-designed to have snow on it.
- On December 21, 2012, the Colosseum was decorated with holiday decorations for a limited time.
- On February 1, 2013, the holiday decorations on the Colosseum were removed.
- On February 19, 2013, the Colosseum's "Trophies" and "Compete" buttons received their own unique sounds.
- On March 26, 2013, the Colosseum received a dragon-sorting option allowing players to view all dragons in a selected element.
- On January 22, 2014, the trophies section in the Colosseum no longer showed when a dragon received a trophy by day and time by element.
- On April 8, 2015, the Colosseum got a countdown timer upon zooming in, to find out when their dragons will be finished competing.
- On June 8, 2015, the Colosseum received a re-designed look, as well as new light and dark events.
- On October 11, 2017, the Colosseum received a re-designed look as part of Update 4.1.0.
- On an unknown date, the event time changed from 24 hours to 23 hours.
- On an unknown date, some players were given the option to choose to watch an advertisement for additional rewards.