New Standard - Old Standard - Holidays 2012 - Valentine's Day 2013 - St. Patrick's Day 2013
Spring 2013 - Independence Day 2013 - Light and Dark Event 2013 - Holidays 2013
Valentine's Day 2014 - St. Patrick's Day 2014 - Magic Egg Hunt 2014
Firefly Festival 2014 - Candy Bash 2014 - Thanksgiving 2014 - Season of Goodies 2014
|“||"BEST NEW ONLINE GAME" ~ GDC Awards Nominee
"Just between you and me, dragon parks are pretty rad." ~ TouchArcade.com
PLEASE NOTE! DragonVale is completely free to play, but some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases. DragonVale requires an internet connection to play (3G or WiFi).
ALSO NOTE! By playing DragonVale you may find yourself hopelessly addicted to hatching and caring for adorable dragons. You may find yourself feeding them treats, watching them grow, building and decorating their habitats, and inviting others in to view them in their floating island home. You may even find yourself choosing pairs for breeding, or racing dragons to compete for awesome prizes.
DragonVale is an enticing social experience from Backflip Studios that is sure to keep you entertained. You get:
Don't just take our word for it. Here's what the press has to say about DragonVale:
"This new title has a depth and higher quality of art that’s reminiscent of the work that went into early console games." ~ VentureBeat.com
"Jurassic Park was cool, but really it doesn't have anything on DragonVale." ~ Gamezebo.com
"It builds up nicely, the art is colorful and fun." ~ TUAW.com
And to think it all started with an egg.Install DragonVale today. It's free!
|— Store Description|
|Original Loading Screens||DragonVale Light and Dark|
Magic Event Loading Screens
|DragonVale Magic Egg Hunt|
Event Loading Screens
|DragonVale Firefly Festival|
|DragonVale Candy Bash|
|DragonVale Winter Event|
About the App
DragonVale is a simulation video game created by Backflip Studios for the iOS platform. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and played on the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. It is also available via Google Play and the Amazon App Store for play on Android devices. It was released in September 2011 and uses the freemium business model. Although the game is free to play, players can use their iTunes, Amazon or Google Play accounts to make in-game purchases of game currency to help speed up the evolution of their dragon park. DragonVale requires an Internet connection to play (3G or WiFi).
DragonVale uses Apple, Inc.’s Game Center online multiplayer social gaming network to allow players to add friends, compete for high scores, exchange gem gifts in-game and visit other player parks. Players may also choose to connect with Facebook so that friends on Facebook with the DragonVale application will be identified as DragonVale friends.
On November 9, 2012, DragonVale was released for Android. Because it does not connect via Game Center, it can connect through Facebook.
Limitations on iOS Devices
Backflip Studios, the game developer, has the following information on their Help page:
"If you are playing on an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, please do not uninstall DragonVale. The update 1.12 was the last update available for iPod Touch 2nd Generation due to the technical limitations of the device. While you will still be able to play DragonVale and access your park, you will not be able to download new updates or content and if you uninstall the game, you will be unable to download the newest update."
Players create a dragon theme park, with the objective of attracting virtual park visitors, and increasing their level in the game. This is accomplished by breeding, raising and caring for dragons and decorating your park by adding walkways, trees, decorations, buildings and dragon habitats. The number of visitors is dependent on the type and level of dragons in the park and how well designed it is. The ultimate game challenge is to breed a variety of epic dragons, such as the Rainbow Dragon and Double Rainbow Dragon.
Downloading & Updating
DragonVale can be downloaded and updated on compatible iOS and Android devices.
iOS users can download and update their games in the Apple App Store.
Here is a full list of the credits of the game:
Current - Previous - Original
When beginning or starting a new park a standard tutorial will appear to help guide the player through the basic mechanics of the game.
Some of the mechanics the player is guided through are purchasing a primary dragon, a habitat, and a building from the market.
Other mechanics include how to grow treats how to level up a dragon, and how to hatch a dragon egg.
Below is a gallery of the tutorial found within DragonVale:
- On May 17, 2012, Backflip Studios added "tips and tricks" to the loading screen of DragonVale.
- On July 24, 2013, the Loading Screen for DragonVale changed appearance.
- "Enter!" button was added to the loading screen.
- On October 9, 2013, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed for a limited time during the Light Magic Event and Dark Magic Event.
- On November 21, 2013, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed to the original version when the events ended.
- On October 9, 2013, a logo of Backflip Studios was added before the Loading Screen appears when DragonVale is launched.
- On November 8, 2013, the "Enter!" button was changed to "Play!" button.
- On January 22, 2014, DragonVale became localized in nine new languages:
- French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Traditional Chinese.
- On January 22, 2014, the font for loading screen messages were changed.
- On April 10, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed during the Magic Egg Hunt event.
- On April 28, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed to the original version when the event ended.
- Initially, several loading screen messages had a glitch where the actual coding was shown in the game rather than the message.
- This glitch was later corrected.
- A message requesting the player to leave a rating may pop up early in the game-play.
- The Credits section in the Options Menu has been updated twice by Backflip Studios.
- On July 9, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed during the Firefly Festival event.
- On August 4, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed to the original version when the event ended.
- On August 14, 2014, new loading screen messages were added.
- On October 8, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed during the Whitbee's Candy Bash event.
- On November 4, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed to the original version when the event ended.
- On December 17, 2014, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed during the Season of Goodies event.
- On January 12, 2015, the Loading Screen background for DragonVale changed to the original version when the event ended.