|Build Time||4 hours|
|Cost to Race||50,000|
Unlike the Colosseum, you can access this event as many times as you want a day. However, it will cost you 50,000 each time you participate.
There are both common and uncommon elements to the tracks. The common elements are the ones that appear the most, while uncommon elements have an extra element added into the particular track. If your dragon's elements match the track, it will run or fly faster in those areas. Please be aware that a stretch of sand is not an Earth element section, this is a neutral section of track that has no element.
|Track||Common Elements||Recommended Dragons|
|Tutorial||Seaweed Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Bouquet Dragon|
|Blast Furnace||Forge Dragon, Brass Dragon|
|Cherry Road||Sakura Dragon, Paper Dragon|
|Dramoria||Steel Dragon, Mine Dragon, Bearded Dragon|
|Electric Skies||Sonic Dragon, Butterfly Dragon, Thunder Dragon|
|Marshlands||Swamp Dragon, Seaweed Dragon, Bouquet Dragon|
|Rime or Reason||Snow Dragon, Blizzard Dragon|
|Shimmering Faultline||Quake Dragon, Crystal Dragon|
|Ulster Meadows||Tree Dragon, Clover Dragon, Moss Dragon, Sakura Dragon, Paper Dragon|
|Year of the Dragon||Panlong Dragon, Terradiem Dragon|
- If you do not own a recommended dragon, use one with at least two elements that match the track (ie Love Dragon or Tree Dragon for Cherry Road). Using any Epic or Gemstone dragon is also a good alternative. Also do not choose a dragon that has an opposite element (i.e. on Dramoria, Brass Dragon will be slower than Iron Dragon because Brass Dragon has the fire element).
- Kairos is the only dragon that cannot race.
- The Epic and Gemstone dragons have a relatively consistent fast speed in all different races.
- The track selected for the tutorial is always Marshlands.
- Note that if it says "Track cleaning in progress", you have to wait a few seconds before you can play again.
- If your dragon places worse than third, the race event will not change.
- The starting line is counted as one of the yellow lines that give speed boosts, so if you tap at the moment when the number one nearly goes away it is possible to get an initial speed boost.
- When tapping the yellow line that gives boosts, four words will appear on the top of your screen depending on how the timing was when pressing the line. The four words are: Perfect, Great, Good, and Okay.
After completing a race, a wheel is spun for a reward. There are four types of wheels: Gold, Silver, Bronze and Bonus, with prizes improving the higher the dragon places in the race. For first place, you spin the Gold wheel; for second place, you spin the Silver wheel; for third place, you spin the Bronze wheel. The Bonus wheel is available if you receive a Time Fragment that you already have for building artifacts to upgrade the Perch of Kairos. However, if you get a place lower than third you do not get a reward. There are also bonuses that may be given at random on the main wheels. Once a player has obtained all the artifacts and summoned Kairos the fragments no longer appear on the prize wheels.
- The gold wheel features rewards including time fragments of the Artifacts used to assemble the Perch of Kairos, Gems (1-2), Experience, DragonCash, and Treats ranging from the thousands (Treats) to the hundreds of thousands (DragonCash) and millions (Experience).
- The silver wheel features rewards including time fragments of the Artifacts used to assemble the Perch of Kairos, Treats, Experience and DragonCash in the tens of thousands range.
- The bronze wheel features rewards including time fragments of the Artifacts used to assemble the Perch of Kairos, Treats, Experience and DragonCash in the thousands range.
- As of October 17, 2012, all three wheels feature time fragments which are used to construct the artifacts required to upgrade the Perch of Kairos.
- At level 45, Experience rewards are removed from the wheel.
- You can scroll slowly through the wheel at the end of the race (when won) to see the options that the wheel has before making your big spin.
- Until November 20, 2012, the wheel always ended 6 spaces from where it started. This was changed so that the result is more random and cannot be determined until completion.
- When dragons successfully perform a speed boost, the dragons emit exhaust that, for some dragons, is identical to the Elemental Breath of their primary element. Exceptions include the Sun Dragon (emits exhaust that matches Lightning Dragon's breath), and the Moon Dragon (emits exhaust that matches Cold Dragon's breath).
- The dragon at the top of the racetrack may frequently be the ideal dragon for that specific course. For example, in the Blast Furnace track, the dragon will always be either the Forge Dragon or the Brass Dragon; this does not apply when you select an Epic Dragon.
- The dragons you race against are always ones you can possibly have at the level your park is. eg. If you are level 16, you cannot race in the tracks Dramoria and Blast Furnace, as well as not being able to race against the Metal Dragon or a metal hybrid.
- The dragon at the top will almost always finish first out of the five opponents.
- The dragons second from the top and second from the bottom will usually have one of the elements suited for the track, and will normally place second and third out of the five opponents.
- The dragon at the bottom of the track will almost always finish last out of the five opponents and most of the time, it does not have at least one element suited for the specific track.
- As of July 25, 2012, the Basic Dragons and the Hybrid Dragons are able to race against Limited Dragons.
- The Dragon Track was introduced on July 25, 2012.
- The Dragon Track is the first mini-game to be introduced to DragonVale.
- The Dragon Track is the first place-able object in the Market that is not a square.
- The Fire Element Flag border is yellow instead of red.
- The Lightning Element Flag border is blue instead of yellow.
- On December 21, 2012, the Dragon Track was decorated with seasonal decorations for a limited time.
- On February 1, 2013, the seasonal decorations on the Dragon Track were removed.