There are both common and uncommon elements to the tracks. The common elements are the ones that appear the most, while uncommon elements have an extra element added into the particular track. If your dragon's elements match the track, it will run or fly faster in those areas. Please be aware that a stretch of sand is not an earth element section, this is a neutral section of track that has no element.
|Track||Common Elements||Recommended Dragons|
|Tutorial||Seaweed Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Bouquet Dragon|
|Blast Furnace||Forge Dragon, Brass Dragon, Sulfur Dragon|
|Cherry Road||Cotton Dragon, Sakura Dragon, Carnival Dragon, Paper Dragon, Gourd Dragon|
|Dramoria||Mine Dragon, Steel Dragon, Bearded Dragon|
|Electric Skies||Sonic Dragon, Thunder Dragon, Butterfly Dragon, Liberty Dragon, Kite Dragon, Bicentennial Dragon|
|Marshlands||Seaweed Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Bouquet Dragon|
|Rime or Reason||Blizzard Dragon, Snow Dragon|
|Shimmering Faultline||Crystal Dragon, Quake Dragon, Cotton Dragon, Leathery Dragon|
|Ulster Meadows||Moss Dragon, Tree Dragon, Forest Dragon, Clover Dragon, Cotton Dragon, Mistletoe Dragon, Paper Dragon, Sakura Dragon, Carnival Dragon, Arbor Dragon, Gourd Dragon|
|Year of the Dragon||Panlong Dragon, Terradiem Dragon|
- If you do not own a recommended dragon, use one with at least two elements that match the track (for example the Love Dragon, or the Tree Dragon for Cherry Road). Using any epic or gemstone dragon is also a good alternative. Also do not choose a dragon that has an opposite element (for example on Dramoria, the Brass Dragon will be slower than the Iron Dragon because the Brass Dragon has the fire element). If you do the tutorial the event will change; if you are first, second or third.
- For "Year of the Dragon", the Terradiem Dragon is a good substitute for the Panlong Dragon because it matches 3 of the 4 common elements.
- Kairos is the only dragon that cannot race.
- The epic and gemstone dragons have a relatively consistent fast speed in all different races.
- The track selected for the tutorial is always "Marshlands".
- Note that if it says "Track cleaning in progress", you have to wait a few seconds before you can play again.
- If your dragon places worse than third, the race event will not change.
- The starting line is counted as one of the yellow lines that give speed boosts, so if you tap at the moment when the number one nearly goes away it is possible to get an initial speed boost.
- When tapping the yellow line that gives boosts, one of four words will appear on the top of your screen depending on how the timing was when pressing the line. The four words are: "Perfect", "Great", "Good", and "Okay".
New - Old
Rewards are given for first, second and third place winners. After completing a race, a treasure chest appears. Players must tap on the chest to receive the randomly selected reward.
The reward can consist of gems, experience, dragoncash, or treats, or a combination of these. Rewards are selected at random from a list of possibilities, but the rewards are generally higher for placing better in the race. If the player is at max level, rewards will never contain experience, so rewards of dragoncash or treats are more likely. After winning a gem prize, no more gems can be won in the following 6 hours.
If the Perch of Kairos is under construction, the reward may instead be a randomly selected artifact. If the random artifact is a time fragment the player already has, the player may select his or her choice from a reward of 150,000 dragoncash, 5000 treats, or experience equal to 5% of the next level.
- As of June 27, 2013, the reward process was redesigned to introduce a "Treasure Chest" upon successful completion of a race.
- The message that appears on the Dragon Track results screen changed from "Spin the Wheel" to "Claim your prize".
- Up to November 16, 2013, magic could also be earned upon successful completion of a race.
- When dragons successfully perform a speed boost, the dragons emit exhaust that, for some dragons, is identical to the elemental breath of their primary element. Exceptions include the Sun Dragon (emits exhaust that matches Lightning Dragon's breath), and the Moon Dragon (emits exhaust that matches Cold Dragon's breath).
- The dragon at the top of the racetrack may frequently be the ideal dragon for that specific course. For example, in the "Blast Furnace" track, the dragon will always be either the Forge Dragon or the Brass Dragon; this does not apply when you select an epic dragon.
- The dragons you race against are always ones you can possibly have at the level your park is. For example, if you are level 16, you cannot race in the tracks "Dramoria" and "Blast Furnace", as well as not being able to race against the Metal Dragon or a metal hybrid dragon.
- The dragons at the top will almost always finish first out of the five opponents.
- The dragons second from the top and second from the bottom will usually have one of the elements suited for the track, and will normally place second and third out of the five opponents.
- The dragon at the bottom of the track will almost always finish last out of the five opponents and most of the time, it does not have at least one element suited for the specific track.
- As of August 7, 2012, the basic dragons and the hybrid dragons are able to race against limited dragons.
|The Demonstration Video - Backflip Studios|
- The Dragon Track was released on July 25, 2012, along with the Seventh Island.
- The Dragon Track is the first mini-game to be introduced to DragonVale.
- The Dragon Track is the first place-able object in the market that is not a square.
- The Fire Element Flag displayed on the side of the Dragon Track has a border that is yellow instead of red.
- The Lightning Element Flag displayed on the side of the Dragon Track has a border that is blue instead of yellow.
- On December 21, 2012, the Dragon Track was decorated with holiday decorations for a limited time.
- On February 1, 2013, the holiday decorations on the Dragon Track were removed.
- On June 27, 2013, a new two-step filter system for sorting dragons by elements was added.