- Main article: Breeding
Elements determine which egg will result. By breeding dragons with different elements, the result will be a hybrid dragon, except in the case of the Air Dragon. (Air Dragon is not classifed as a hybrid, but is bred from two primary element dragons).
- Main article: Habitats
Dragons can only live in habitats that share the same elements as them. For example, a Plant Dragon can only live in a Plant Habitat, whereas a Tree Dragon can live in either a Plant Habitat or an Earth Habitat.
Shrines and Boosts
- Hybrid dragons count toward two or more shrines and can be positively boosted by two or more boosts.
- All existing element sets, in which an element has a combination with every other primary element, have been completed. The following elemental sets were completed by the following dragons:
- The plant element set was completed by the Ash Dragon.
- The cold element set was completed by the Blizzard Dragon.
- The lightning element set was completed by the Thunder Dragon.
- The earth element set was completed by the River Dragon.
- The metal and air element sets were completed by the Meteor Dragon.
- The fire and water element sets were completed by the Coral Dragon and Salamander Dragon.
- The light and dark element sets were completed by the Mirage Dragon and Shadow Dragon.
- A second element set, in which an element has a combination with every other basic element was introduced with the addition of the Pepper Dragon.