Elements determine which egg will result. By breeding dragons with different elements, the result will be a hybrid dragon, except in the case of the Air Dragon. (Air is not classifed as a hybrid, but is bred from two primary element dragons).
Dragons can only live in habitats that share the same elements as them. For example, a Plant Dragon can only live in a Plant Habitat, whereas a Tree Dragon can live in either a Plant Habitat or an Earth Habitat.
Shrines and Boosts
- Hybrid Dragons count toward two or more shrines and can be positively boosted by two or more boosts.
- All existing element sets, in which an element has a combination with every other primary element, have not been completed because of the release of the Light and Dark Elements. Before their release, the following elemental sets were completed by the following dragons:
- The plant element set was completed by the Ash Dragon.
- The cold element set was completed by the Blizzard Dragon.
- The lightning element set was completed by the Thunder Dragon.
- The earth element set was completed by the River Dragon.
- The metal and air element sets were completed by the Meteor Dragon.
- The fire and water element sets were completed by the Coral Dragon and Salamander Dragon.
- The light and dark element sets were completed by the Mirage Dragon and Shadow Dragon.
- A second element set, in which an element has a combination with every other basic element was introduced with the addition of the Pepper Dragon.