Elements determine which egg you will obtain. By breeding dragons with different Elements, you will obtain a hybrid dragon, except in the case of the Air Dragon. (Air is not classifed as a hybrid, but is bred from two primary element dragons).
Dragons can only live in habitats that share the same elements as them. For example, a Plant Dragon can only live in a Plant Habitat, whereas a Tree Dragon can live in either a Plant Habitat or an Earth Habitat.
- Hybrid Dragons count toward two or more shrines and can be positively boosted by two or more boosts.
- All existing Element sets, in which an element has a combination with every other basic element, have been completed:
- The plant element set was completed by the Ash Dragon.
- The cold element set was completed by the Blizzard Dragon.
- The lightning element set was completed by the Thunder Dragon.
- The earth element set was completed by the River Dragon.
- The metal element and air element sets were completed by the Meteor Dragon.
- The fire element and water element sets were completed by the Coral and Salamander dragons.