Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
- The Emerald Dragon was released on May 17, 2012.
- The Emerald Dragon left the market on June 1, 2012.
- On December 18, 2012, the Emerald Dragon, and all other expired limited dragons and decorations, returned to the market as part of the "Bring 'Em Back" event.
- The event was scheduled to end on January 2, 2013, but was extended; the expired limited dragons and decorations left on January 14, 2013.
- Emerald is the birthstone for the month of May.
- The Emerald Dragon returned to the market on May 1, 2013.
- The Emerald Dragon is the first Gemstone Dragon (a class of dragons that earn ) to be added to the game.
- The Emerald Dragon is the only Gemstone dragon that did not have a limited decoration released along side it in the original release.
- On May 1, 2013, the Emerald Triquetra was added along with the Emerald Dragon.
- The Emerald Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Emerald Dragon.
- The Sedna Mountains in the Emerald Dragon's description is likely a reference to the Andes mountain range in South America where the majority of emeralds are mined.
- The Emerald Dragon's description was slightly changed on January 24, 2013.
- The last line of the original description was: "Because they're imbued with a special magic from the Shimmering Isles, these dragons can NOT breed with other dragons."