Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|May 17, 2012||June 1, 2012|
|December 18, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|May 1, 2013||June 1, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|May 1, 2014||June 1, 2014|
|Affiliated Decoration: Emerald Triquetra|
- The Emerald Dragon was released along with the Gemstone Island, and the Gemstone Flag.
- On its intial release, the Emerald Dragon was released without an affiliated decoration. With its third release, the Emerald Dragon was released along with the Emerald Triquetra.
- Emerald is the birthstone for the month of May.
- The Emerald Dragon is the first gemstone dragon (a class of dragons that earn gems) to be added to the game.
- On January 24, 2013, the Emerald Dragon's description was slightly changed. The last line of the previous description was: "Because they're imbued with a special magic from the Shimmering Isles, these dragons can NOT breed with other dragons."
- The Emerald Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Emerald Dragon.
- On May 1, 2014, the Emerald Dragon, was listed on sale at a reduced price for a limited period of time.
- The Emerald Dragon's sale ended on May 4, 2014, when the price rose from 150 to 1500 gems.
- On May 30, 2014, the Market Countdown for the Emerald Dragon ended one day prior to when it left the market. This resulted in the countdown displaying "expired!" when it was done counting down until it left the market on May 31, 2014.
- The Emerald Dragon's description states "hidden within the Sedna Mountains." Sedna spelled backwards is 'Andes'. This is likely a reference to Andes Mountains, the longest continental mountain range in the world, and one of the main areas in which the world's emeralds are mined.
- "Sedna" may be a reference to Sedna, the Goddess of the sea and marine animals in Inuit mythology, also known as the Mother of the Sea or Mistress of the Sea.