Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|May 17, 2012||June 1, 2012|
|December 18, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|May 1, 2013||June 1, 2013|
|Affiliated Decoration: Emerald Triquetra|
- The Emerald Dragon was released along with the Gemstone Island, and the Gemstone Flag.
- On its intial release, the Emerald Dragon was released without an affiliated decoration. With its third release, the Emerald Dragon was released along with the Emerald Triquetra.
- Emerald is the birthstone for the month of May.
- The Emerald Dragon is the first Gemstone Dragon (a class of dragons that earn ) to be added to the game.
- On January 24, 2013, the Emerald Dragon's description was slightly changed. The last line of the previous description was: "Because they're imbued with a special magic from the Shimmering Isles, these dragons can NOT breed with other dragons."
- The Emerald Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Emerald Dragon.
- The Emerald Dragon's description states "hidden within the Sedna Mountains." Sedna spelled backwards is 'Andes'. This is likely a reference to Andes Mountains, the longest continental mountain range in the world. It could also be a reference to Sedna, the Goddess of the sea and marine animals in Inuit mythology, also known as the Mother of the Sea or Mistress of the Sea.