Below is an example of how this may occur:
If a Gold Dragon and a Silver Dragon are entered into a breeding cave/island together the following elements are entered into the combined variables which are mixed: fire element, cold element, and metal element.
The outcome of these combined elements may result in any of the following dragons:
- Gold Dragon, Silver Dragon, Brass Dragon, Forge Dragon, Molten Dragon, Sulfur Dragon, Mine Dragon, Steel Dragon, or Coldforge Dragon.
Depending on which dragons are used and which primary elements come from that dragon there may be many possible combined variable outcomes.
For example, the Rainbow Dragon and Dream Dragon contain all of the primary elements, so breeding one with any other dragon may result in any available dragon which does not require a more specific breeding pair.
Most epic dragons add the same elements to the outcome as the ones required for its creation, for example, to get a Silver Dragon the parents' elements must include metal and cold, and using a Silver Dragon as a parent adds those same elements to the possible outcomes. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule:
- The dragons which add all elements do not require all elements in their creation, these are Rainbow Dragon, Double Rainbow Dragon, Leap Year Dragon, Double Leap Year Dragon, Aurora Dragon, Dream Dragon and Sprout Dragon. More information about how to create each one can be found on their respective pages.
- Breeding with a Platinum Dragon adds the elements of Air and Metal to the outcomes, even though the elements of Water and Metal are used create it.
- The Gold Olympus Dragon, Silver Olympus Dragon and the Bronze Olympus Dragon need the elements of Earth, Lightning, and Air in their creation, but only add the elements of Earth, and Lightning when used to breed with.
A list of which primary elements each epic dragon adds to the possible outcomes can be viewed below.
- On an unknown date, the Cyclops Dragon gained the metal element to its breeding pool, matching the elements required to breed it.