Players were given an opportunity to find epic eggs during normal game play by performing everyday activities. The number of epic eggs received by repeating those activities gradually decreased throughout the day, but then returned to the original earning rates at the beginning of the next cycle.
Epic egg cycles reset every 24 hours at approximately 06:00 UTC.
Trading the epic eggs to the Burcadian Monolith would gradually alter the state of the monolith, as well as introducing the objects on the island into a player's park. These objects were used by the fictional townsfolk of the ancient city of Burcardia and players are also introduced to two Monolith Dragons.
Epic Egg Prices
Epic eggs can be purchased for:
Regular Epic Egg Prices - Double Epic Egg Prices
Obtaining Free Epic Eggs
- Collecting from habitats (dragoncash and gems)
- Collecting treats
- Visiting friends
- Clearing obstacles from islands
- Competing in the Colosseum
- Purchasing from the market
- Completing quests at the Perch of Kairos
- Using Gems to speed up breeding, etc
- Finding the Hidden Egg
- Hatching (or selling) dragons from the Nursery
Epic Egg Amounts
These amounts reset every 24 hours when the epic eggs in the park reset.
Breeding - Colosseum - Collection - Obstacles - Gems - Quests - Other
|Max Per Day: 40 / Double Days : 80|
|Time Span||Epic Eggs||Double Days|
|15 secs through 5 hours||2||4|
|6 hours through 7 hours||10||20|
|8 hours and more||20||40|
|Depends on the time span of incubation|
|Values are the same for all breeding habitats|
- Epic eggs were introduced to DragonVale on March 12, 2015.
- Initially, the Epic Eggs card in the Treasure section of the market did not list any price on it when the Epic Egg Hunt began. This is assumed to be a glitch which was corrected shortly after the event began as players were still able to make in-application purchase normally even though the price was not listed.
- On March 13, 2015, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of epic eggs from completing the tasks in the Epic Egg Hunt event and doubled the daily capacity of epic eggs.
- As of April 7, 2015, epic eggs could no longer be collected from any park activity for players whom did not receive all the rewards.
- The epic egg storage meter was removed.