Once hatched, dragons must be placed either into a habitat or into the Hibernation Cave. Different types of Habitats exist for each different element, and a dragon must be placed into a habitat that corresponds with its own element; Dragons with more than one element can be placed in any habitat that is for one of their elements.
Every habitat can hold a specific number of dragons, and can accumulate a certain quantity of DragonCash. A habitat that has reached maximum capacity cannot accumulate any more DragonCash until emptied by a player. Upgrades are available for basic Habitats that allow them to hold more DragonCash and dragons.
Regular Basic - Large Basic - Giant Basic - Epic
Current - Old
Gemstone Island is a habitat for all of the Gemstone Dragons, a special variety of dragon that produces gems instead of coins. The island is made of 4 habitats that can hold 3 dragons in each. The maximum number of gems for each habitat is 3. The island is able to be purchased for 400,000 coins at level 11, and takes 24 hours to be summoned. It also cannot be decorated.
The Perch of Kairos is a habitat which requires a three-part assembly process involving Time Fragments in order to create the Chronolith, Time Claw, and Statue of Kairos artifacts. The Perch of Kairos does not accumulate any type of in-game currency. The Perch of Kairos may be purchased for 750,000 at level 16 and has an instantaneous build time.
Maximum Habitats Per Level
- On February 19, 2013, the Habitats icon in the market received its own unique sound upon clicking it.
- On April 17, 2013, the basic elemental habitats slightly changed in appearance.
- On April 18, 2013, the basic elemental habitats changed back to their old appearance but reverted to the newer appearance on April 22, 2013.
- The giant habitats that were added on April 29, 2013 are the only items in the game that can be sold for gems.
- On April 29, 2013, Regular Basic habitats, Large Basic habitats, Epic habitats, Gemstone Island, and the Perch of Kairos received its own unique sound upon clicking it.