Development on the Islands is impeded by obstacles in the form of bushes, trees, and rocks of varying sizes. These can be cleared for a price, but larger objects are more expensive and take longer to clear. Unlike other structures, obstacles cannot be moved, only cleared.
|Islands||Cost||Level Available||Summon Time||Reward for completing Goal|
|Starting Island||50|| |
|Second Island||75,000|| |
|12 Hours||25,000 and 1,000|
|Third Island||1,000,000|| |
|16 Hours||1,000,000 and 200,000|
|Fourth Island||2,500,000|| |
|Fifth Island||10,000,000|| |
|Sixth Island||50,000,000|| |
|Seventh Island||100,000,000|| |
|Eighth Island||250,000,000|| |
|Ninth Island||500,000,000|| |
|Gemstone Island||400,000|| |
|Epic Breeding Island||125|| |
|Epic Breeding Sanctuary||225|| |
The normal Islands are identical in size and shape, though they each start with different obstacles. Each additional island is formed with obstacles that are more expensive to clear than those on the preceding island. The Epic Breeding Island is used to breed dragons, and the Gemstone Island serves as a habitat for Gemstone Dragons whereas the Rift Island, was home to the The Tines of the Scar, The Light Vestige, Dark Remnant before it expired on November 20, 2013.
The Islands are laid out in a grid that can be used for planning. Click Here for a printable copy.
Island Map & Descriptions
"This is your first magical floating island. Yes, Magical. Floating. Island. 'Nuff said."
"A nearby island that can be formed and summoned by the wizard, for a price, so that you can make your park even better."
"It was long thought that this piece of land was lost in space and time, but apparently it was simply misplaced. Some clever wizards were able to find it again, which should give you more than enough space to create a glorious park!"
"A fourth island will make your park one of the largest in the land! Visitors will flock to your amazing park."
"Have you ever looked into the great open sky and thought to yourself, "Surely, there's room enough for another island?" Well, so did our suppliers! They reworked some of the magics holding your islands aloft, and now you can keep even more of them together without suffering any of the adverse affects found in testing!"
"There are those who might say that six floating islands is too many floating islands. Well, they're wrong. Clearly. This is a sixth island and our researchers tell us that it's just doing fine and that tiny earthquakes will die down over time."
"And on the seventh island the Wizards rested. For like, 20 minutes. Then they went straight to work on the eighth island."
"You now have enough islands that the neighbors below you are never in need of shade. Lucky for you they're a family of mushroom growing Wizards."
"The moment you buy this island, I think it's safe to say that your dragon park isn't so much made from floating islands as a floating continent."
- Although the Sixth Island is renumbered in the market, the in-game description still stated it as a "fifth" island, until a correction was included in on August 29, 2012.
- On December 2, 2011 and December 20, 2012, the islands became covered in snow to commemorate the winter season in the Northern Hemisphere.
- On February 19, 2013, the Islands icon in the market received its own unique sound upon clicking it.
- On April 12, 2013, the size of islands increased.
- On April 17, 2013, the size of islands shrunk back to their original sizes but reverted to the larger size on April 18, 2013.
- On April 12, 2013, most of the islands' summoning times changed.
- On October 9, 2013, a ninth island was added.
- The ninth island was introduced as the "eighth" island, while the previous eighth island was renumbered as the "ninth" island.
- The description of the seventh island may be a reference from the Bible, Genesis chapter 2, verse 2.