Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gem Earning Rates
|Lvls. 1-5||Lvls. 6-10|
|March 6, 2014||May 15, 2014|
|May 16, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|March 6, 2015||May 15, 2015|
|December 10, 2015||January 19, 2016|
|March 25, 2016||May 27, 2016|
|June 15, 2016||June 22, 2016|
|Affiliated Decoration: Azure Emblem|
- The Lapis Dragon, was listed on sale at a reduced price for a limited period of time.
- The Lapis Dragon's sale ended on March 10, 2014, when the price rose from 150 to 1500 gems.
- The Lapis Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Lapis Dragon.
- On March 6, 2015, The Lapis Dragon, was listed on sale at a reduced price for a limited period of time.
- The Lapis Dragon's sale ended on March 9, 2015, when the price rose from 150 to 1500 gems.
- On March 25, 2016, The Lapis Dragon, was listed on sale at a reduced price for a limited period of time.
- The Lapis Dragon's sale ended on March 28, 2016, when the price rose from 150 to 1500 gems.
- On June 22, 2016, an extra line was added to the end of the Lapis Dragon's description stating: "This dragon cannot breed at this time."
- There are several references to the 20th century artist, Pablo Picasso:
- Pablue Pickaxe is probably a corruption of his name, with the blue in Pablue being a reference to the colour of lapis lazuli, the mineral on which the Lapis Dragon is based.
- The eccentric distortions of Pickaxe's spells are likely a reference to the strange style of Cubist paintings and sculptures.
- The description of Pickaxe spending a long time studying only Lapis Dragons is likely a reference to Picasso's Blue Period, during which time he painted almost solely with shades of blue and green.
- Like Pickaxe, Picasso remains influential and admired in the art community to this day.
- The developers choosing specifically "Pickaxe" as Pablue's last name might be due to the fact that Lapis Lazuli is in the popular game Minecraft.
- The mention of depictions of the Lapis Dragon in ancient monuments is probably a reference to the use of lapis lazuli as a pigment in many works of art, and decoration in ancient sculptures and ornaments.
- The news announcement for the arrival of the Lapis Dragon reads "A dragon fit for a king!" This is likely a reference to the frequent use of lapis lazuli by ancient Egyptians in the funerary objects of pharaohs, most notably in the death mask of King Tutankhamun.
- The use of "tut,tut" in the goal completion text upon hatching a Lapis Dragon also points to this, as does the general style of the dragon. Its head is reminiscent of a pharaoh's headdress, and its wings and tail resemble Egyptian hieroglyphic/religious symbols.
- It may also however be a reference to the popularity of the pigment ultramarine - which is made from ground lapis - as clothing die in the medieval ages. As lapis and therefore ultramarine was the most expensive of all pigments, royalty were some of the few who could afford it. The colour it produces thus came to be known as Royal Blue
- The phrase "ancient desert monuments" may also be referencing the use of a Sandstorm Dragon in the breeding combination.