- The Leap Year Dragon is a limited dragon. Currently this dragon is expired and can no longer be bought at the market. Breeding is no longer possible unless it is bred with another Leap Year Dragon.Template:Dragon infobox
Boost Calculation Guide to use with the page linked above.
* The Leap Year Dragon can be bred with a Rainbow Dragon. This is the first time a rare dragon can be bred with a different breed because they are both Rainbow elemental dragons. The second was Solstice and Sun.
* The Leap Year Dragon is a re-coloration of the Rainbow Dragon.
* The Leap Year Dragon is commonly referred to as "LYD" among the DragonVale community.
* The Leap Year Dragon was available from February 27 (Game Update 1.6.0 Part 2) until March 2, 2012.
* The Leap Year Dragon has a breeding time of 14 hours and 30 minutes because 14 hours and 30 minutes can also be written as 14.5, and 14.5+14.5= 29, and a leap year falls on the 29th of February.
* The Leap Year Dragon can only breed with another Leap Year Dragon or with a Rainbow Dragon.
* The Leap Year Dragon earns the same amount as the Rainbow Dragon.
* The Leap Year Dragon is the most expensive dragon in Dragonvale.