Magic eggs were hunted and collected to later be traded at The Vernal Glass to receive prizes in the Magic Egg Hunt. Prizes include decorations, two dragons, and an island. Each prize required a certain amount of magic eggs to be traded in to be earned.
The total amount of magic eggs needed to earn all of the prizes was 4,000 magic eggs.
|Prize||Individual Cost||Cumulative Cost|
|The Egg of Burcadia||80||80|
|Gemstone Reward Habitat||160||400|
|First Ovalith Dragon||800||1,200|
|Second Ovalith Dragon||800||2,000|
If a player turned in more magic eggs than required to obtain their next prize the remaining magic eggs went towards the following prize and the magic egg storage meter was reset to zero.
What is the Magic Egg Hunt?
The Magic Egg Hunt's objective was to power up the The Vernal Glass.
The Magic Egg Hunt helped build on the Lost Island where the The Vernal Glass, the last remaining Ovalith Dragons, an Ovalith Pedestal, a unique Gemstone Habitat, and The Egg of Burcadia are located, which enabled players to obtain them as exclusive rewards for their efforts.
The "Info" section of Prizes section in the Magic Egg Hunt Help Menu provided a display of the info box for their respective prizes which were viewed by clicking the prize after obtaining it.
The Magic Egg Hunt started with a tutorial explaining how Magic Egg Hunt will work.
The process of this tutorial can be viewed in the gallery to the right.
The tutorial took a few minutes to complete from beginning to end, but players received 50 as a goal completion reward after completing the tutorial.
When enough magic eggs were collected they were able to be traded in for prizes. Upon receiving a prize a message card popped-up.
This is the process in which the prize completion occured.
The only way a player could have received enough magic eggs to receive the Lost Island was through game play and by purchasing some in the market. The Lost Island was exclusive content to the Magic Egg Hunt, and serves a permanent testament of a player's efforts to restore the city of Burcadia.
- The Magic Egg Hunt began on April 10, 2014.
- On April 14, 2014, Backflip Studios added two topics to their Customer Support Portal regarding the Magic Egg Hunt.
- On April 18, 2014, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of magic eggs from completing the tasks in the Magic Egg Hunt event and doubled the daily capacity of magic eggs. This was a "weekend only" promotion and only lasted three reset cycles.
- Players that finished the Magic Egg Hunt by earning all the rewards from the event were not able to collect anymore magic eggs prior to the event officially ending, the Lost Island moved and the event ended 'earlier' for them.
- The Magic Egg Hunt rewards were never available for purchase in the market.
- To obtain the Magic Egg Hunt rewards, a player needed to cast magic eggs into The Vernal Glass from April 10 to April 28, 2014.
- The Magic Egg Hunt ended on April 28, 2014.