DragonVale. It is the place where dragons, habitats, decorations, buildings, and islands are purchased. Treasure from the App Store via In-App Purchases can be bought for real currency.
- In the Treasure section of the Market, Gems, DragonCash and Treats can be purchased for real currency. It is the only section in the entire game where real currency can be spent and fortunately there is a confirmation screen before a purchase is made. In case you have entered your password anywhere when playing the game, make sure the "In-App Purchases" slider is set to "OFF" in the Settings > General > Restrictions menu of your iOS device.
- In the Dragons section of the Market, all of the available Dragons can be purchased using either DragonCash for the single-element dragons or gems to buy hybrids. (The exception is the Air Dragon, which can be bought at 500 , despite being a single-element dragon.)
- In the Habitats section of the Market all habitats can be bought with DragonCash or Gems, provided that your level is high enough to purchase them (click the link for level requirements). The amount of habitats you are allowed to have in the game at one time also increases with your level.
- In the Decorations section of the Market, decorations that attract more visitors to your park can be bought. Decorations do not increase the chance of breeding any dragon, although many of the descriptions contain hints that they "attract dragons" and other mysterious things.
- In the Buildings section of the Market, Buildings such as Treat Farms, Elemental Boost Buildings, Elemental Shrines, The Colosseum and the Breeding Cave can be purchased. There are level requirements for the Large Treat Farm, Huge Treat Farm, Elemental Boost Buildings, Elemental Shrines, Colosseum, Dragon Track, and the Fountain of Youth.
- In the Islands section of the Market, the first island is bought and checked off with a green √. The second island will not become available for purchase until Level 10 and the third island once Level 15 is reached. The later Islands come with larger Obstacles than the starting island.
- On April 29, 2013, the market's appearance changed. However, the change can only be seen on Android devices and iPhone 5's.
- As of February 2013, each separate icon in the Market, along with the Market button, has its own sound effect.
- As of June 7, 2013, the Eggs section of the Market had it's name changed to Dragons.