The Midnight Dragon is the fifth and sixth rewards collected by accumulating a total of 2,250 and 1,530, respectively, totaling to 3,780, during the Star Fall Event.
When a certain amount of star dust was collected and turned in at the Astral Spire, a message card would pop up to inform players that the Midnight Dragon could be collected from the "Gifts" section in the Social Menu. When a player collected the Midnight Dragon from the section, the egg was placed directly into the Nursery. Players then had an option to hatch, display, or sell the Midnight Dragon.
Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|Lvl. 11||Lvl. 12||Lvl. 13||Lvl. 14||Lvl. 15||Lvl. 16||Lvl. 17||Lvl. 18||Lvl. 19||Lvl. 20|
|April 9, 2015||May 5, 2015|
|December 10, 2015||January 19, 2016|
|February 4, 2016||February 11, 2016|
|December 15, 2016||January 25, 2017|
|Affiliated Decoration: Star Fall Monument|
- On April 8, 2015, the Midnight Dragon's spot appeared in the Dragonarium, even though it had not been officially released into DragonVale yet.
- In addition to its affiliated decoration, the Midnight Dragon was released along with the Walk of Stars, Meridiem Habitat, Weather Station, Midnight Pedestal, Unhatched Midnight Dragon, and the Astral Spire.
- The in-game breeding hint states that the Midnight Dragon can only be bred between 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. (19:00 - 07:00); the time is based on your device's internal clock.
- This can be overruled by the Twilight Tower.
- The Midnight Dragon did not have a goal when it was first released.
- The Midnight Dragon got a goal when it was re-released on December 10, 2015.
- The Midnight Dragon's description makes several allusions to the phrase "burn the midnight oil" which refers to working extra long on a task to complete it or show extra dedication, especially late into the night.
- The Midnight Dragon's description states, "a rare and potent oil secreted only by midnight dragons." This may be a reference to the Australian rock band, Midnight Oil.
- The Midnight Dragon's breeding and incubation times of 12 hours is likely a reference to how Midnight occurs during the twelfth hour of the start of a day.