Game parks have a Nursery with one hatching nest available at the start of the game. This is where eggs incubate after they are purchased with dragoncash or bred in the Breeding Cave/Enchanted Breeding Cave, or the Epic Breeding Island/Epic Breeding Sanctuary.
The Nursery's max capacity is displayed for each individual upgrade.
|Hatching Beds||Gems to Upgrade|
- The Nursery was released when the game was released, on September 14, 2011.
- The Nursery cannot be sold.
- On December 2, 2011, the Nursery was re-designed to have snow on it.
- On December 21, 2012, the Nursery was decorated with holiday decorations for a limited time.
- On February 1, 2013, the holiday decorations on the Nursery were removed.
- A message would pop up on the screen for players if they don't have enough room to place an egg after the dragons have finished breeding.
- Initially, the Nursery was available at level 1, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 2.
- If a player speeds up breeding the two dragons and has a Nursery full of eggs, it would deduct gems from the total count to show that the dragons have finished breeding. The egg would not enter the Nursery if it has no empty nest.
- A confirmation message pops up on the screen for players to double check if they would like to speed up the process of incubating their eggs using gems.
- After an egg has finished incubating in the Nursery, a Hatch Menu card would pop up when a player clicks on the "Hatch" button without the progress bar. Players are able to either hatch, display or sell the egg.
- Previously, the Hatch Menu only allowed players to either place the dragon in a habitat or sell it. The Hatch Menu was later changed.
- On May 13, 2014, the Hatch Menu was slightly modified to include a small triangle with number at the top right of the dragons button. This allowed players to see how many of that specific dragon a player has in his/her park. Upon clicking on the triangle, a message card pops up with the dragon's name and the number of that specific dragon a player has. Besides that, the font of the Hatch Menu card was changed and some of the dragon button used in the Hatch Menu included border color to differentiate dragons according to their rarity.