Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|October 1, 2012||November 1, 2012|
|December 18, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|October 1, 2013||November 1, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|May 16, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|Affiliated Decoration: Miroid Monument|
- Opal is the birthstone for the month of October.
- The Opal Dragon is the first gemstone dragon not to have a sneak peek released on DragonVale's Facebook page. The usual preview was announced on October 2, 2012.
- The Opal Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Opal Dragon.
- The Opal Dragon's description states "displaying every color in the visible spectrum". This is lkely a reference to an ancient Aboriginal legend, where the creator came down to earth on a rainbow to bring the message of peace to all humans. At the spot where his foot touched the ground, the stones began to sparkle in all of the colors of the rainbow.
- The Opal Dragon is classified as a black opal. Although not truly black, they are very dark which gives them the ability to enhance the brilliance of diffracted colors.