|These visitors heard that the Peridot Dragon is coming to DragonVale soon!|
Get your breeding caves ready!
Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|August 1, 2012||September 1, 2012|
|December 18, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|August 1, 2013||September 1, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|May 16, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|August 1, 2014||September 1, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|Affiliated Decoration: Olivine Obelisk|
- Peridot is the birthstone for the month of August.
- The Peridot Dragon is the first Gemstone Dragon to use only three distinct elements for breeding.
- The Peridot Dragon appears in the Facebook notification with a light-green chest and belly, but in-game its chest is yellow.
- Initially, the Peridot Dragon was available at level 11, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 12.
- On August 1, 2014, at 16:30:30 (UTC) the Peridot Dragon became available, but was not present in the market.
- The error was fixed and the Peridot Dragon was re-released to the market within one and a half hours later.
- The Peridot Dragon's description mentions "These proud and august creatures". This is likely a reference to August as the month of the dragon and also means 'majestic', suggesting that the dragon is majestic.
- The Peridot Dragon's description mentions "Professor Olivine". This is likely a reference to Olivine, a magnesium iron silicate, the mineral that comprises peridot.
- The Peridot Dragon's description mentions "the High Plains of Faradat.". This is likely a reference to source of the word "peridot", which comes from the Arabic word 'faridat' which means gem.
- The "thorny plant" in the Peridot Dragon's description is likely a reference to the Cactus Dragon.