Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
- The Sapphire Dragon was introduced alongside the Star Sapphire of Trigon on September 1, 2012.
- The Sapphire Dragon left the market on October 1st, 2012.
- On December 18, 2012, the Sapphire Dragon, and all other expired limited dragons and decorations, returned to the market as part of the "Bring 'Em Back" event.
- The event was scheduled to end on January 2, 2013, but was extended; the expired limited dragons and decorations left on January 14, 2013.
- Sapphire is the birthstone for the month of September.
- The Sapphire Dragon is the only gemstone dragon to include two opposite elements in its breeding pair (air and earth).
- The Sapphire Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Sapphire Dragon.
- The Sapphire Dragon is the first gemstone dragon not to have any wings.
- The mention of Mohs in Sapphire Dragon's description (also in the Ruby Dragon description) is likely a direct reference to German geologist Carl Friedrich Christian Mohs, who created a scale, the Mohs' Scale, which is used as an index to measure mineral hardness.
- Yogo, mentioned in Sapphire Dragon's description, is likely a reference to a type of sapphire, Yogo Sapphire, found only in the Yogo Gulch in Montana, USA.