|Effective October 9, 2013|
Shrines Began to Serve No Purpose Other Than to Be Decorative
Shrines are Decorations which commemorate your progress by recording the number of dragons of each element which have been raised to level 10, 15 and 20. They are no longer required in order to level your dragons.
- On February 22, 2013, the Shrines got a new look.
- This affects all of the stages: bronze, silver and gold.
- The original appearance of bronze Shrines was introduced when Backflip Studios introduced Shrines.
- The original appearance of silver Shrines was introduced in December 2011 when bronze Shrines became upgradable.
- The original appearance of gold shrines was introduced in January 2012 when silver shrines became upgradable.
Bronze Shrine- "After building this shrine, it will track the number of dragons raised to level 10 in your park (even after you sell them). Once you have accumulated 50 level 10 dragons, all dragons/hybrids (for that element) in your park will be able to achieve level 15! Level 15 dragons have slightly better odds of breeding rare dragon. The bronze shrine can be upgraded with gems (discounted based on the number of dragons you already have at level 10).
Silver Shrine- "Now that this shrine is shiny and silver, it functions like the bronze statue except it tracks the level 15 dragons/hybrids (for that element) in your park! When you accumulate 50 level 15 dragons, the statue will turn gold. Every level above 14th gives that dragon better odds to breed rare dragons! The silver shrine can also be upgraded with gems (discounted based on the number of dragons you already have at level 15).
- A shrine's counter is cumulative, even after the dragons are sold.
- Any dragons that are already level 10 when a shrine is purchased will count towards the total.
- When you level up 50 dragons of a shrine's respective element to level 10 then shrine will become silver.
- When you level up 50 dragons of a shrine's respective element to level 15 then the shrine will become gold.
- Once a dragon reaches level 11, it receives an orb of its primary element above its head.
- Once a dragon reaches level 20 it receives a rotating golden crown.
- Effective February 19, 2013, Shrines can be upgraded to Silver and Gold using gems.
- Shrines can be upgraded to Silver for 1/2 a number of gems equal to the number of dragons needed to upgrade the shrine, rounded up to the next gems, or 25 gems if none have reached level 10.
- Shrines can be upgraded to Gold for a number of gems equal to the number of dragons needed to upgrade the shrine, or 50 gems if none have reached level 15.
- On February 22, 2013, the Shrines got a new look. This affects all of the stages: bronze, silver and gold.
- Dragons at level 15 and higher give better odds in breeding "rare" dragons; the odds increase as the level increases.
- Shrines cannot be sold.
- On October 9, 2013, the function of Shrines changed.
- Leveling dragons no longer requires Shrines. Most dragons can be leveled up to a players park level, to a maximum of level 20. Epic Dragons and Gemstone Dragons are still currently limited to level 10.
- Players received a one-time gift for each Shrines they have leveled. Silver Shrines rewards players with 15 gems and 250,000 treats. Gold Shrines will reward players with 40 gems and 1,000,000 treats. Note: Players will only be rewarded with gems and treats if they had leveled them before the 2.0 update.
- Shrines are still available in the game as a special decoration that counts your dragons.