Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|June 13, 2012||June 27, 2012|
|December 13, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|June 14, 2013||June 28, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|June 17, 2014*||June 30, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|Affiliated Decoration: Sun Stones|
- The affiliated decoration, the Sun Stones, was released one day earlier than the Solstice Dragon.
- Based on the description, the Solstice Dragon will last through the Northern (June) solstice and re-appear again for the Southern (December) solstice later in the year.
- Backflip Studios hinted in a Facebook post that the odds of breeding the Solstice Dragon might be best on the day of the solstice.
- The Solstice Dragon is the first limited epic dragon with the Sun element.
- Initially, the Solstice Dragon was available at level 14, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 16.
- The Solstice Dragon's description states, "most dragon experts take solace in the idea that two heads are better than one". This is likely a reference to the saying, "Two heads are better than one".
- The Solstice Dragon's description mentions, "the Sun Stones of Surya". This is likely a reference to Surya, the Hindu God of the Sun.
- The Solstice Dragon's description states, "near the longest and shortest days of the year". This is likely a reference to the Summer Solstice (the day of the year with the longest amount of sunlight), and the Winter Solstice (the day of the year with the least amount of sunlight).
- The Solstice Dragon's breeding and incubation times of 23 hours and 30 minutes, when written as 23.5 is likely a reference to the number of degrees the earth is tilted on its axis.
- According to a DragonVale Facebook post, it was hinted that the Solstice Dragon's name is an astronomical term derived from the Latin words for "Sun" and "to stand still".