Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|June 13, 2012||June 27, 2012|
|December 13, 2012||January 14, 2013|
|June 14, 2013||June 28, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|Affiliated Decoration: Sun Stones|
- The affiliated decoration, the Sun Stones, was released one day earlier than the Solstice Dragon.
- Based on the description, the Solstice Dragon will last through the Northern (June) solstice and re-appear again for the Southern (December) solstice later in the year.
- Backflip Studios hinted in a Facebook post that the odds of breeding the Solstice Dragon might be best on the day of the solstice.
- The Solstice Dragon's description states, "most dragon experts take solace in the idea that two heads are better than one". This is likely a reference to the saying, "Two heads are better than one".
- The Solstice Dragon's description mentions, "the Sun Stones of Surya". This is likely a reference to Surya, the Hindu God of the Sun.
- The Solstice Dragon's description states, "near the longest and shortest days of the year". This is likely a reference to the Summer Solstice (the day of the year with the longest amount of sunlight) and Winter Solstice (the day of the year with the least amount of sunlight).
- The Solstice Dragon's breeding and incubation times of 23 hours and 30 minutes, when written as 23.5 is likely a reference to the number of degrees the earth is tilted on its axis.
- According to a DragonVale Facebook post, it was hinted that the Solstice Dragon's name is an astronomical term derived from the Latin words for "Sun" and "to stand still".